Dimensioned drawings, 3D models (.step format, others available on request), bill of materials, and instructions for a belt drive conversion of RF45 type mills. Based on Precision Matthews PM-940CNC mill with a 1.5:1 ratio between drive and spindle pulleys.
BOM includes manufacturer, part numbers, and cost for:
- Best value new 3 HP motor and VFD, as well as instructions for sourcing a used motor.
- Three potential pulley setups (one made, two purchased).
- Spindle angular contact bearings for increased speed.
- Machining of pulleys, mounting plates, and rails.
- Assembly and mounting of new motor onto mill head.
- Installing VFD with DC braking resistor (including wiring diagrams and VFD settings).
- Mounting new spindle bearings in qquill.
Includes Solidworks, .step and .pdf files of:
- Motor pulley.
- Spindle pulley (two versions).
- Motor mounting plates and rails.
- Mill head with top plate removed.